The best time to visit Uganda
The best time to visit Uganda is pretty much all year round. Uganda is crossed by the equator and although March to May and October to November are wetter , which can be less pleasant for gorilla tracking and Habituation, the best game viewing months in Uganda are during the dry seasons from June to August and December to February. gorilla trekking and chimpanzee trekking and habituation in the forests are a big part of Uganda Wildlife Safari. The habitat of rain forests is, by default, very wet and one can’t avoid rain completely. However, after heavy rain, the the sun always shines bright
|Best Time to go:
|June to August and December to February(All parks)
|June to Sept – December to February (It’s rarely crowded, but you will need to book your gorilla permits long in advance
|March, April, May, Oct, Nov- roads and forest trails can be in poor condition.
|June-July and January-February(Little rainfall)
|March, April and May (Peak of wet season)
June to August and December to February – Dry season
- This is the best time for gorilla tracking, because these are the drier months.
- In the Savannah reserves, vegetation is less and animals gather around lakes and rivers, making wildlife easier to spot.
- Even during the high season (June to September) the parks don’t feel crowded.
- The skies are clear, there is less rain and more sunshine.
- Gorilla permits need to be booked very far in advance. We recommend booking them 6 months in advance since the demand is very high
March to May and September to November- Wet season
- The scenery of the Savannah reserves is greener and it is low season. Some lodges offer low rates
- Although wildlife in the Savannah reserves is easier to spot in the dry season, you’ll still see plenty, especially newborn animals.
- Some of the roads get very bad and cars often get stuck. Forest trails can become slippery and challenging. We uses 4X4 WD safari vehicles.
- You won’t be able to change your expensive gorilla permit if it pours with rain. Departures go as scheduled even when it is raining
- This is the best time for a bird watching safari when migrant species are present
Some of the Best Activities to do in Uganda
- Gorilla Tracking and Gorilla Habituation
- Chimpanzee Treks and habituation
- Wildlife safaris and game viewing
- Boat safaris
Suggested itineraries for a Uganda safari
Our most popular safari is the 12 Day mid range Pearl of Africa Tour. It take you to some of the popular national parks in Uganda. These include Bwindi Impenetrable national park for gorilla tracking and Habituation, Murchison Falls National park for the big five safari, Queen Elizabeth National park, Kibale National park for the primate tours and Lake Mburo National park.
Other recommended safaris include