3 Days Chimpanzee habituation tour Kibale Forest National Park
Highlights of the 3 Days Chimpanzee habituation tour
- Chimpanzee habituation
- Beautiful scenery
Day 1: Road transfer to Kibale National park.
Today is the day for your road transfer to the park with your professional driver guide. You will leave early in the morning so that you get to lodge in day light to enjoy the peaceful surroundings of your lodge.
Kibale National park is located in Western Uganda, and the best chimpanzee treks take place here. Only in this park is one able to get very up close and personal with chimpanzees on a habituation activity. You will help experts to habituate a family that will one day be ready for tracking, since chimpanzee tracking is on high demand. There are also other primate species like the diurnal primates like the blue monkeys, grey cheeked mangabeys, red tailed monkeys, L’Hoest monkeys and so on.
You will get at the lodge in time for lunch or you may have lunch from Fort Portal
Journey time: 6 hours (exclude breaks and stops)
Accommodation: Primate Lodge
Meal plan: All meals
Primate Lodge Kibale is idea for visitors who want to stay in the middle of the forest. It is located in Kibale National park, about 10 minutes to the park head quarters. Calls from monkeys and birds will be your alarm call while here. The lodge has en suite spacious clean cottages each with a private deck. The restaurant serves delicious food too. Staff is professional and friendly and will take care of you to make your stay a pleasant one.
Day 2: The day of the ultimate chimpanzee habituation.
The day is finally here. You will wake up, have early breakfast and be transferred to the park head offices managed by Uganda Wildlife Authority. You will be briefed about chimpanzee habituation before heading out to the forest.
Only a limited number of 6 people can do the habituation in a day. You will spend most of the time with the chimpanzees which share 98.8% DNA with man, contributing to the habituation process so that in future, they are ready for regular treks without feeling some kind of way with man’s presence. You will also learn more about their behaviours, how they communicate, the different body parts and how they are similar to man.
You will return to the lodge
Accommodation: Primate Lodge
Meal plan: All means
Day 3: Goodbye Kibale National park
Today after breakfast, your driver guide will transfer you back to Kampala or Entebbe through the beautiful lush forests, tea plantations and lively communities.
If you wish to fly out today, make sure your flight is at least at 8pm or later.
Accommodation is not included but you can let us know if you wish us to book for you one night or more in Kampala or Entebbe
- Accommodation will only be booked after deposit payment and will depend on availability.
- If suggested accommodation is not available, an alternative lodge/hotel with the same standard will be booked after consulting you
- Chimpanzee habituation permits must be fully paid for at the time of booking and these too depend on availability and are on high demand with a limited number of people
- A 4 x 4 WD vehicle will be used and each person will have a window seat
- Itinerary can be customized for all budgets
- You can combine this tour with a wildlife safari to Queen Elizabeth National park
- Inquire for rates
- 4 x 4 WD customized safari vehicle with pop up roof
- Professional English speaking safari driver/guide
- Chimpanzee Habituation permits
- Picks ups and transfers
- Meals as per itinerary above
- Activities as per itinerary
- Government taxes
- International airfares
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities
Other suggested chimpanzee safari packages