2 Days Luxury Mini Safari to Wildwaters Lodge
With this mini safari to River Nile, you will enjoy luxury at Wildwaters lodge on a private Island, on river Nile in Jinja.
Day 1: Transfer to Jinja (Source of the Nile)
Today at 7.30am, you will make your way to the second largest town and the colonial manufacturing hub, Jinja. This is where Nile River begins its journey from Lake Victoria all the way up to the Mediterranean Sea. There are many activities are available around.
All these activities are optional and will be paid by you on site.
You will stay at a very luxurous lodge- The Wildwaters Lodge.
Journey Time: 2 ½ hours
Accommodation: The Wildwaters Lodge
Meal Plan: All meals
Optional activities in Jinja
Today you may relax at the lodge or choose from the optional activities:
- White water rafting (full day USD 145 / half day USD 125)
- A horseback safari (USD 50 for 2 hours / USD 70 for 3 hours)
- Quad-biking (USD 70 for 2 hours / USD 90 for 3 hours)
- A day of whitewater kayaking on the river (USD 120)
- A sundowner cruise on the Nile (USD 35)
- A visit to the source of the Nile
- A visit to Jinja market
Wildwaters Lodge (High-end)
Nestled in luxuriant rainforest on its own private island, mid-stream in the mighty Nile, Wildwaters Lodge is breathtaking. Thick riverine forest naturally covers the island and each of the ten timber-floor rooms is nestled amidst the forest with private, breathtaking views over the River Nile and its rapids. The expansive, canvas walled, traditionally thatched, rooms each boast private decks with elegant free-standing baths and wash basins carved from the local pink granite. Softly lit with hand-made furniture, you can relax in comfort on this island paradise listening to the thunder of the Nile rapids, and the calls of the many species of bird who call the island home.
Day 2: Return to Kampala:
Today after breakfast, you may take on one of the optional activities suggested above and later transfer back to Kampala.
Accommodation for tonight is not inclusive in the program. If you wish to depart tonight from Entebbe Airport, make sure your flight is at 10 pm or later. If you want us to book one (or more) nights in Kampala and/or Entebbe, please let us know.
Accommodation: Not included
Meal plan: Breakfast
Since this is a private tour, departure can be organised for anytime throughout the year subject to the availability of accommodation and transport.
You will use a 4x4WD safari minibus with pop-up roof for easy safari viewing. All passengers will have a dedicated window seat. Your professional and courteous driver/guide will be at your disposal for questions or translations.
Tour Package Including:
- Transport in a 4WD land cruiser
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Accommodation as listed in the program;
- All meals as per itinerary
- Park-entrance fees according to the program.
- International air fares and entry visa Uganda
- Optional activities
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- A porter for during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack);
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.)
Inquire now for rates
When you book your trip with Gorilla Link Tours to any of our destinations, Gorilla Link Tours will donate US$ 5 per person to persons with Albinism.