2 Day Luxury Escape to the Wild waters Lodge
The 2 day mini escape safari to The Wild Waters Lodge will take you to River Nile, the world’s longest River. You will enjoy the breath taking views and luxury style at the Wild Waters Lodge which is located on a private island in a tropical forest on River Nile in Jinja town, Uganda
Day 1: Transfer to Jinja town (Source of the Nile)
Today after your early breakfast, your guide will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to Jinja town, the second largest town in Uganda and the source of River Nile. John Speke was the first white man to discover the source of River Nile, which starts its journey from Lake Victoria, the second largest world body in the world. River Nile continues its journey to the Mediterranean Sea. There are many optional activities are available in Jinja that one can choose from. All these optional activities can be paid on site by clients but we can also help book them in advance.
Journey Time: 2 ½ hours
Accommodation: The Wild Waters Lodge
Meal Plan: All meals
Optional activities in Jinja
Today you may relax at the lodge or choose from the optional activities which are:
- White water rafting on River Nile (full day USD 145 / half day USD 125)
- A horseback safari (USD 50 for 2 hours / USD 70 for 3 hours)
- Quad-biking safari (USD 70 for 2 hours / USD 90 for 3 hours)
- White water kayaking on the river (USD 120)
- Enjoy a sundowner cruise on the Nile (USD 35)
- visit to the source of the Nile on boat
- visit to Jinja market for souvenirs and gifts
Wildwaters Lodge- Luxury accommodation
The Wild Waters Lodge is located on a private island in the middle or River Nile with breath taking views from the restaurant and bar, and from each traditionally thatched room. From the lodge, you will roaring rapids of River Nile and songs from different birds. The rooms are very spacious, with wooden floors and open bath tubs at the decks. You will also enjoy delicious mouth watering food.
Day 2: Return back to Kampala:
Today after breakfast, you may choose to go for one of the other optional activities suggested above and later transfer back to Kampala.
Your accommodation tonight is not include and if you wish to fly back home tonight, make sure your flight leaves at 10 pm or even later. We can also book a night or more in Kampala or Entebbe if you let us know.
Accommodation: Not included
Meal plan: Breakfast
This is a private tour which can depart any time throughout the year, departure can be organised for anytime throughout the year as long as accommodation and transport are available
A 4x4WD vehicle will be used. Every passenger will have a window seat and you will have a professional driver/guide who will be able to answer your questions.
Tour Package Including:
- Transport in a 4WD land cruiser
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Accommodation as listed in the program;
- All meals as per itinerary
- Park-entrance fees according to the program.
- International air fares and entry visa Uganda
- Optional activities
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- A porter for during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack);
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.)
When you book your trip with Gorilla Link Tours to any of our destinations, Gorilla Link Tours will donate US$ 5 per person to persons with Albinism.
Other packages that include a visit to the source of the Nile
11 Day North-East waterfalls, Pian Upe wildlife and cultural Uganda safari
13 days Uganda wildlife safari tour